Thursday, March 29, 2012

Host Family!

Bonjour everyone! I received my host family yesterday :). My dad texted me in chemistry to tell me and I was so excited I almost ran out of the room to go check my email! Sitting through the rest of class was torture. I will be living in a town called Châtellerault in the Vienne department in the Poitou-Charentes region of France. All I know so far is that I have a host mom (Sylvie), host dad (Denis), two host brothers (Constant is sixteen and Baptiste is twenty two) and one host sister (Delphine) who is nineteen. What a perfect birthday present! I just emailed them, and will update my blog with any new info I get, so be sure to check back. Here are some pictures I got from google and Wikipedia:

 The house is where the little A pin is in the upper right corner. It looks like it is on the outskirts of the town, closer to the countryside .




 I also want to thank everyone who has donated so far. Everyone has been so helpful. I honestly was not expecting to get this many donations and am so grateful for everyone's support! In other news I went to France with my school over spring break. It was so amazing. I knew I would love it but I didn't think I would love it this much! It made me even more excited for next year (which I didn't think was possible)
My friends and me in front of the Eiffel Tower! 
 I cannot stop thinking about France and can't wait to explore the rest of the country next year. I am so ready for school to be over, I just want to be in France already! It seems so far away but I'm sure it will be here before I know it...

2 comments:

  1. Tres fantastique!Your dream is coming true. One of your dreams, that is.Ask for pictures of the family.

    ReplyDelete