Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't written in a while, the time really flies here. I'm starting to get into the swing of things now. I'm pretty conversational in french, starting to work more and more in school, and have made a lot more friends. Since the last time I posted I had two weeks of vacation, took the train into Bordeaux with a few friends, went to a capoeira festival in Lille, watched the spongebob movie in french, went to a few parties, and harvested grapes to make wine, which were all pretty cool! Here are a few photos:
the group of us who harvested the grapes
This is the machine used to crush up all of the grapes
A few friends and I hanging out in the centre ville after school
Lille
Constant, Victor (a friend who also does capoeira), and me
Denis, Sylvie, and Constant. The best host family ever!
a photo from the capoeira festival
Bordeaux
There were so many people on the shopping street!
Magda (Italy) and Kristine (Norway), two of my best friends in the world!
Here are some pictures from the most recent AFS weekend:
The world in one photo; Italy, Austria, Australia, Latvia, Germany, the US, Denmark, Sweden, Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Finland, Poland, Norway, and Iceland
Pili (Argentina), Kristine again, and Becca (US)
A french newspaper article about all of us AFS exchange students in the Poitou-Charentes region
As far as school goes I'm starting to have to work A LOT more. It's really hard because I have to do my homework and then study all of the french grammar too, but I'm getting used to it. One thing I cannot exagerate enough is how lucky I am to have Janina in my class! She is amazing, really. I don't know what I would do without her. She is fluent in English and French, hilarious, and always seems to know what's going on (unlike me... I'm always confused). I would be completely and uterly lost without her. I made a -56/ 20 on a dictation in french class the other day, which I'm not to happy about, but hey maybe if I'm lucky I'll get a 0/20 next time!
I had my first French cross country meet this weekend. It was really different because there were only six girls running in my category, and in Dallas I run with up to two hundred other girls, but it was still great. My whole host family came out to support me! I think that about wraps it up. I'll try to post more often. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Bisous,
Sydney








Hi Sydney,
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that things are going so well for you! I can't wait to hear your French when you get back. I told punky Don that you are conversational, and he was very very impressed.
Ari says hi! He looks more and more like you every day. :)
love, (Aunt) Laura
Hi Aunt Laura, thanks so much for commenting! I love to know that people actually read my blog. Sorry, I just now saw your questions on my last post. The answer is yes I did taste le cerveau de mouton. It was disguisting!
ReplyDeleteHope all is well in Texas xoxo
Bisous
We miss you! Your phone call and blog was the talk of Thanksgiving! You are very brave to try the cerveau de mouton. I'm sure you've tried other French specialties. I'd love to hear more. If you have time and feel like it, my email is laura.issen@gmail.com. I'd love to chat some more!
ReplyDelete