Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ca Va Bien


Ca va people? My Visa came in the mail the other day, which is pretty much the last major thing I had to get done before I leave. The interview was just about the easiest thing ever and I had a lot fun in Houston!

I found out which lycée I will be going to. Here are some pictures (courtesy of google maps):


In the French lycée there are three tracks of study, science, economic and social studies, and literature. I chose literature, which focuses on history, languages, and (obviously) french literature, because I think it will help my language skills improve exponentially. I also discovered that there are going to be two other AFS exchange students in my town (that I know of so far), which I wasn't expecting at all!

On September first my dad and I will fly to New Jersey and visit friends their until my orientation in New York on the fifth. Just two and a half more weeks! I haven't studied my French at all this summer, which I'm kind of freaking out about, and as September fifth lurks in the near future I am becoming increasingly excited and nervous to start ma vie Française. I've come to realize that us exchange students are brave people. We're about to do the craziest, scariest, most challenging, and amazing thing we've probably ever done in our entire lives. Frankly I'm pretty apprehensive, but hey, isn't that what living is all about? taking chances? accomplishing great things? Life's an adventure and I'm just along for the ride.
À bientôt
Sydney

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us in the know as to your progress, Syd. Also, you are a good writer. Keep it up as a blog at least once or twice a week from now on. I enjoy your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The New Jersey friends can't wait for you guys to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very proud of you and I'm looking forward to living vicariously through you as your study abroad progresses.

    ReplyDelete